aRgalys Essentials B12 is a high-quality dietary supplement for consumers who desire an earth/human/animal–friendly Vitamin B12 fortified with iodine + selenium.
Approved 100% Vegan by The Vegetarian Society.
Vitamin B12 deficiency causes tiredness, weakness, constipation, loss of appetite, weight loss, and megaloblastic anemia. Nerve problems, such as numbness and tingling in the hands and feet, can also occur. Other symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency include problems with balance, depression, confusion, dementia, poor memory, and soreness of the mouth or tongue. Vitamin B12 deficiency can damage the nervous system even in people who don’t have anemia, so it is important to treat a deficiency as soon as possible. In infants, signs of a vitamin B12 deficiency include failure to thrive, problems with movement, delays in reaching the typical developmental milestones, and megaloblastic anemia.
Certain groups may not get enough vitamin B12 or have trouble absorbing it:
- Many older adults, who do not have enough hydrochloric acid in their stomach to absorb the vitamin B12 naturally present in food. People over 50 should get most of their vitamin B12 from fortified foods or dietary supplements because, in most cases, their bodies can absorb vitamin B12 from these sources.
- People with pernicious anemia whose bodies do not make the intrinsic factor needed to absorb vitamin B12. Doctors usually treat pernicious anemia with vitamin B12 shots, although very high oral doses of vitamin B12 might also be effective.
- People who have had gastrointestinal surgery, such as weight loss surgery, or who have digestive disorders, such as celiac disease or Crohn’s disease. These conditions can decrease the amount of vitamin B12 that the body can absorb.
- Some people who eat little or no animal foods such as vegetarians and vegans. Only animal foods have vitamin B12 naturally. When pregnant women and women who breastfeed their babies are strict vegetarians or vegans, their babies might also not get enough vitamin B12.
Vitamin B12 Benefits:
- Vitamin B12 supplementation is necessary for vegan and vegetarian diets. Vitamin B12 contributes to the body’s balance
- Vitamin B12 is essential for DNA synthesis, the production of healthy blood cells, cell renewal for healthy skin, and the functioning of the nervous system
- During pregnancy, vitamin B12 is essential for fetal nervous system development
- People with dementia often have high levels of homocysteine in the blood. Vitamin B12 can lower homocysteine levels, but scientists don’t know yet whether it actually helps prevent or treat dementia
- Iodine is essential for proper thyroid function. There is a high risk of deficiency in both vegan and vegetarian diets.
- Selenium is involved in many metabolic functions, (enzymatic reactions, the functioning of the immune system, and absorption of B group vitamins).
- In addition, the selenium content of plants depends on several factors, particularly the soil in which they have grown.
aRgalys Vitamin B12 with 1,000 mcg Cyanocabalamin, Iodine and Selenium is essential for all serious vegan, vegetarian* and flexitarian* diets.
* the vitamin B12 content of eggs and dairy products is insufficient to meet the daily needs of a normal diet. This also applies to flexitarians who consume animal protein less than 3 times per week.